THE HISTORY OF PHOTOGRAPHY,
ANTIQUE AND CLASSIC CAMERAS,
AND VINTAGE PHOTOGRAPHS
The history of photography, antique and classic cameras, and vintage photographs have all become increasingly popular areas for study and collecting. As more and more people enter this fascinating field, the demand for better information, resources, and appraisal services has also increased. To meet this demand, the International Photographic Historical Organization (InPHO) was created as a resource center offering a wide range of free services to individuals and groups interested in the collection and study of classic and antique cameras, photographs, and all the various aspects of the history of photography. Not just another camera collecting club or moderated newsgroup for photographic antiquarians, this is your best first source for learning about the evolution of the art, science, and technology of photography, as well as practical information on the care, collecting, and appraisal of vintage photographica.
Although InPHO has been in operation since 1985, this website was officially initiated in 1997, and, thanks to the suggestions and input of our many friends and patrons, will be continually updated. In the future you can expect to find here an expanding selection of diverse articles on various areas of the history of photography and on collecting classic cameras, the photo archives of the Internet Museum of Photography, informative charts and timelines, and many links to other significant photographic web sites.
Our free services include:
- Identification, historical review, and appraisals of antique and classic cameras, photographs, and photographic paraphernalia.
- Resource and research guidance for students, collectors, historians, academics and hobbyists studying the history of photography.
- Peer review of new photohistorical literature and multimedia presentations dealing with photography.
- A speakers service is available, and we maintain a large collection of cameras and other vintage photographic materials for museum and special exhibit use.
- Also, in some situations, we may even buy your classic cameras, photographs, and photographic paraphernalia, help place and consign items for auctions, or provide a very fair commission sales service.
In the meantime,...
...although we are still under construction, and have many exciting additions planned for the future, if you would like to see our current table of contents, please click here!
We are also proud to host,...
...the information page and membership list of the Internet Directory of Camera Collectors (IDCC), a moderated educational group and e-mail forum for people interested in collecting and using antique, classic, and vintage cameras. New members are always welcome!!
To visit the IDCC information page and to learn about joining, go to:
To view a list of the current IDCC membership and their interests, go to:
For direct access to our services, or to request more information, please contact the office of the President, David Silver, at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us at (415) 681-4356.
International Photographic Historical Organization
P.O. Box 16074
San Francisco, California 94116
Copyright © 1997, 2001, David Silver
This page is presented with Mr. Silver's express permission.